Friday, February 01, 2008

Barack and Hillary sitting in a tree...


The one-on-one debate between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton yesterday was one of hugs and kisses. It seems that both the candidates got the message loud and clear. Quit pounding on each other and get to the real business of beating a Republican. The only place they really differed was on the issue of experience. Is Obama to young (politically) and inexperienced to be President?

Honestly, I don't know.

But I do know this. Every time I hear him speak I end up thinking to myself, you know, I want some of that. I want some of that hope he is talking about. I want a diverse coalition of Americans working together instead of against each other. I want to believe again. Give him a listen and see if he talks to you. Really, put aside your concerns about his experience for 17 minutes and listen. I think you'll hear what I hear, the sound of hope and change.

Obama South Carolina Acceptance Speech

I am not naive enough to think one man can turn the course of a country. But I do believe that one man can be the catalyst of change. Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Abe Lincoln, they all stood in the path of the status quo and helped others embrace and affect change. Maybe, just maybe, Obama can do a little of that too.

Super Tuesday is right around the corner and I am one of the millions who will be going to the polls to make a choice. Until now, I have stated no preference. But I feel it is best to disclose by predispositions. I will be pulling the lever (or poking the chad, or touching the screen) for Obama on Tuesday.

Come the general election, I'll vote for either Hillary or Barack, which ever gets the nod. But if the Democratic Party is asking my opinion, I have to say, give me some of what that Obama guy is selling. That sounds pretty darn good to me.

4 comments:

honkeie said...

Here is my take on politics in general:
Politicans are like frat boys with college women, they will say anything to get the panties to drop but the moment they get what they want they pretend they never said anything at all. Reguardless of what Obama, Hilary or anyother hopefull might say all they want is your vote. To believe in what they are saying, at this moment. Because once they get in they can and will do what ever it is they feel like. There is no law that says they have to follow through with anything they said in the election process.
So with that in mind i vote by how they look and how there name sounds. Because in the end we will have to hear their name and see their face for at least the next 4 years.
Hillary is scary looking and she looks even worse when she smiles and Barack...he is good looking but that name, you know it is going to be the butt end of many jokes. And on the Republican end.....well I dont vote by who is what party usually but I am really sick of the republicans right now. But dont worry, in another 4 years I will probably be tired of the democrates too.
Vote Nadder, in the light of things he acutally sounds the least crazy!

Becky said...

I don't believe in politics. I always vote republican b/c it keeps my husband working, democrats like to pull money out of government contracts.

Martini said...

I'd poke Obama's chad too were I American - but I wouldn't pull his lever.

The T-Dude said...

Honk -- Nader? Please, I've heard this record before. Vote for who you want, but if you actually want something to happen, then vote for womeone with a chance.

Becky -- That's as good a reason as any. Although, aren't democrats the tax and spend liberals?

Martini -- you kill me dude.