Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mitt Has A Funny Writer

The following came from my friend Phil who has a well developed sense of funny.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - At Wednesday night's Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner in Washington, D.C., former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave his "Top 10 Reasons for Dropping Out of the Race":

10. There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought.

9. I got tired of corkscrew landings under sniper fire.

8. As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of the varmint season.

7. There wasn't room for two Christian leaders.

6. I was upset that no one had bothered to search my passport files.

5. I needed an excuse to get fat, grow a beard and win the Nobel prize.

4. I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.

3. I wanted to finally take off that dark suit and tie, and kick back in a light-colored suit and tie.

2. Once my wife Ann realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up.

1. There was a miscalculation in our theory: "As Utah goes, so goes the nation."
They forgot: "Did you know that the President only makes six figures. Who can live on that!?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a comment to your comment on another blog "Drug-Seeking?" Three thoughts: American Pain Foundation website, book "The War on Pain" and last but not least, blogs on chronic pain patients for education. Like do you know what pseudo drug seeking is? Yes, I am a chronic pain patient. I was a paralegal for 17 years until pain destroyed my life - and guess what those blogs with nasty little comments about pain patients are neither helpful, nor healing nor professional. As a paralegal, we never made fun of out clients like I see the paraprofessionals do in the medical profession. I find it nauseating. Not everyone is a drug seeker - some are just pain relief seekers.

Alaina