Thursday, August 28, 2008

Convention Coverage

I am sure some of you figured I'd be writing every night on the Democratic Convention. Naw, you are already getting all the coverage you could ever want. I'll just mention a few things that I'm not sure the regular media would say/report:

1) Hillary had a nice speech that covered all the bases and told people what they needed to hear, but she really isn't much of a speaker. Of all the big ones, her speech seemed the most read vs. actually given. You know what I mean?

2) While that was a lovely color on Michelle Obama, don't you think someone would have told her not to wear a color that almost exactly matched the background when she gave her big speech? Maybe they were intentionally trying to soften her look, but I think she just blended-in instead.

3) Bill Clinton made me think about how much fun it must be to be an ex-president. You get to lob rhetoric bombs at the guys you don't like, make big bucks on the lecture circuit and every four years at the party's national convention, it's a big freakin' love fest for you. It doesn't suck to be Bill.

4) I think I like Joe Biden's mom the best. As he was telling stories about his youth, she kept turning to the person sitting next to her, some campaign staffer I'm sure, and saying "That's true, I said that." You go girl.

Alrighty everyone. Buckle your seatbelts, tonight we make history. I'll be watching and you should be too. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, this is history in the making tonight at Mile High Stadium. The house is sold-out and the stage is set. For the first time in a few years, I'm excited again about politics and the convention. I hope you are too.

4 comments:

TheHMC said...

Have you heard the breaking news yet?

The T-Dude said...

YES! I can't believe he is choosing someone under investigation for abuse of power. Just because she has a vagina doesn't mean women are going to vote for him.

Jane said...

I keep checking back for your rundown of the SPEECH. And about Ms. Palin. Can't wait.

The T-Dude said...

Your wish is my command.