I was tagged. That means I'm supposed to do something. For anyone who knows me, I don't always react well to authority or demands. I'm always polite, I just prefer not to comply. That being said, I like the blogger who tagged me. She's funny and she swears and both of those things go a long way with me. So, that being said, I've decided to give this whole tagging thing a shot. I'm sure someone will hate me for it in the end.
1. Link the person that tagged you. (That would be TheHMC)
2. Mention the rules on your blog. (I'm doing that...jeez, give me a break. Didn't I just tell you I didn't do well with authority?!)
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. (Only six?)
4. Tag 6 following blogger's by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
The six things:
1) I have a dental implant. I lost a tooth playing flag football many years ago. Remind me to tell that story sometime. The story of getting the implant is interesting, the implant itself is not.
2) I have not been to all fifty states. But the people who have been to all fifty seem to think it's quite interesting therefore my not having been in all fifty must be uninteresting. (Really, North Dakota? Indiana? Alabama? Who fucking cares.)
3) My left leg is bigger than my right. Not longer, bigger. Once again, this is one of those deals where the result isn't very interesting, but the story...that's a good one. But this is about uninteresting so no soup for you.
4) I rarely wear yellow. Don't really like yellow that much. Reminds me of piss and puss, cheap lemonade and liver failure. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of nice yellow things, but for some reason, none of them compel me to wear the color.
5) I don't wear white sneakers. Drives the wife crazy. She likes white sneakers. I don't.
6) I hate getting my hair cut. When I was a kid, my mom used to cut my hair. One time she cut my ear. To this day, the sound of scissors behind my head makes me cringe. Not exactly PTSD material but you never know what is going to creep into the dark corners of your mind and set up shop. If the commies/terrorists/nazis ever wanted to make me talk, they'd just need a pair a Fiskars. Don't tell.
Now, like a chain letter or some pyramid scheme, I have to tag some other people. Frankly, I don't know that many bloggers, but I'll take a shot a few who I've been reading for a while a couple I just check out now and then.
1) Jane stops by now and then and reads my blog and always has something interesting to say. I stop by her's and look at those cute kids but being a man, I don't really have anything interesting to say. But I keep going back because deep down, I kinda like kids. Not enough to have any more, but still.
2) Becky over at Twidderpated. She good for a joke and is an old-fashioned, hard working gal. If you aren't checking her out, maybe you should.
3) ERRN is a great place to read about all the crap emergency room nurses have to put up with. When she took a break a while back, it was like losing a regular watering hole. I'm glad she's back and I hope she'll play along.
4) Martini is a Canadian who lives for Halloween, his Delorean and the Back to the Future series of films. And I still really like him and his blog. Like a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich, when you string all of those things together, they can sound odd, but they are in fact, quite wonderful. Besides that, from some of the comments he has left in the past, I can tell you he's a really nice guy.
5) Jim is a great guy who writes a wonderful blog full of food, fun, travel and music. And he and my wife have become regular e-mail friends. If she decides to do this tagging thing, she's gonna be pissed that I tagged him first. Snooze ya lose babe. Love ya!
6) I'm done. No more. TheHMC only did five and I have issues with authority so I'm done too.
Have fun everyone.