Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feebies To Interview Fordham...Butts Pucker All Over Capitol Hill

Oh man....here come the G-Men! Fordham is going to be singing like Christine Aguilera -- high and loud. He knows that the standard operating procedure in DC is to fry the small fish so that the fat ones can live and he isn't going down easy I'm sure. This isn't your basic white collar DC screw-up where you end up with a slap on the wrist and a book deal. This has the potential to be truly ugly. Man, I'm sure the lawyers are having billing wet dreams all over this sucker. Federal investigations, congressional investigations, likely state investigations...those lawyers will be as excited as Mark Foley at a Boy Scout Jamboree.

Can I say that? I guess I just did.

Anyway, you just know that Fordham is going to punt that blame right back as quickly as possible. He's claiming he informed the rotund Speaker of the House's staff as long as three years ago. If that's true, then Hastert might well be sending a few of his people packing as he lightens the load on his sinking ship. I'm not saying this is really going to happen, but watch out for the "blame the ex-staffer who is no longer here" ploy, that's a Washington favorite.

From CNN: Aide: I warned Hastert's office about Foley

UPDATE The Ethics Committee has issued 40-some subpoenas after their first meeting on the Foley matter. I wonder if each one of those comes with an easy-payment schedule from your lawyer?

No comments: