Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hastert Blues

My friend Patti has been listening to Speaker of the House Hastert over the past several days, prior to his finally taking some responsibility for the whole Foley the Fondler affair, and she said he was a hair's breadth away from breaking into his John Belushi/Jake Blues imitation:

"No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD."

This is a video edit waiting to happen. Please, someone who knows how to do it. Take that great scene from the Blues Brothers when Carrie Fisher finally has Jake Blues pinned down in the tunnel and paste Hastert's face on Belushi when he gives that speech. Pretty please?

No comments: